The Bishop of Exeter, Dean and Chapter, and the Society for the Maintenance of the Faith, seek to appoint a Team Rector for the benefice of Heavitree and St Mary Steps.
An exciting opportunity for an experienced priest of the Anglo-Catholic tradition, with missionary zeal, to serve two diverse and well-established city parishes, in a stunning area of the Westcountry.
We want to see parishes that are:
- confident in God’s grace working through the Sacraments;
- intentional in evangelism;
- serving the common good of the whole community.
We therefore seek a priest who:
- is generous and openhearted;
- is an excellent preacher, teacher, and person of prayer, committed to the centrality of the Eucharist;
- will develop a vision for the next phase of mission within the parishes;
- will work collaboratively with ordained and lay colleagues;
- is a pastor for the whole community;
- will engage with people of all ages, and especially in ministry to schools;
- is equipped to handle strategic and administrative challenges.
The PCCs have passed a resolution under the House of Bishops’ Declaration on the Ministry of Bishops and Priests.
The Diocese is aware that those from black and minority ethnic groups are currently under-represented amongst its clergy and welcomes applications from these clergy, desiring to embody a more diverse ministry.
For a conversation about the post, please contact the Ven. Andrew Beane, on (01392) 425577 or email.
The appointment is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Closing date for applications: 6 April 2021
Interview date: 22 April 2021