Changes to services during the COVID-19 pandemic
The following information applies from Monday, 17 May 2021.
St Michael and All Angels’ Church, Heavitree
Tuesday, Wednesday and Saturday
St Mary Steps, Exeter
Thursday 17:30 Mass
St Lawrence’s, Heavitree
Sunday 10:30 Mass
Friday 9:30 Mass
St Clare’s, Livery Dole
Thursday 10:30 Mass
- Anyone showing symptoms of COVID-19 (a new continuous cough, a high temperature, or a loss/change in their normal sense of taste or smell) should not attend church.
- Hands must be sanitised on entering and leaving church.
- Wherever possible, a distancing of at least one metre should be adhered to between households.
- Those who are able to do so must wear a face covering.
- People may only interact and sit with household groups, support bubbles, or other groups of no more than six persons.
Baptisms/christenings, weddings and funerals
These services may take place, but with the following limitations:
- Baptisms/christenings: There is no limit on the number attending other than the safe capacity of the church building. The restrictions listed above are in force.
- Weddings: Up to 30 people may be present, not including people employed by the Church.
- Funerals: There is no limit on the number attending other than the safe capacity of the church building. Funerals services may take place in the church, a crematorium, or by the graveside.
Last updated: Monday, 10 May 2021
This page will be updated as more information becomes available.